Wednesday 27 January 2010

Arse-biscuit

Just joined the 8.5 million strong ranks of those with osteoarthritis. My left hip has been painful every winter for at least the last 12 years (I remember asking people to pull me along corridors by my left leg because it stopped it hurting in my last job - not sure that that was a proper use of HCAs but what is power for if not for abusing?) but this year took to biscuit, the arse-biscuit! So off I trot hobble to the GPs and he rotates it a bit and I wince and he says pain on internal rotation is a classic symptom but to have an x-ray to confirm his diagnosis. Thing is he then starts talking about getting a new hip while I’m still reasonably young... then he looks at my DOB on the screen and does a lovely double-take and says that I’m still young.

What can I say? The beard doesn’t help much but that and the wobbling gait say, “miserable old git”, more clearly than reasonably young man.

Internal metalwork sounds cool in a cyborg sort-of-way but the pain in the meantime is a killer so he prescribes some nice pain killers, thing is I’m somewhat chemically naive (save for real ale) and now I’m floating around like my head is about to hit the ceiling. Had to pull a sicky and I’m hoping that I’ll either get used to them double-quick or go back to Ibuprofen because I’ll be as much use as a chocolate kettle at this rate.

On a different note just bought Metropolis: The Chase Suite by Janelle Monae from Amazon and it’s the mutts! Sort of a poppy sci-fi concept album, puts me in mind of the The Fifth Element.

Will get back to thinking about Java soon, just need to feel a little sorry for myself for a little while first ;-). And get used to being stoned out of my guord as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment