Wednesday 16 June 2010

96%

Thought I'd done well when I got 90% for TMA1 for M255 but 96% for TMA2 is looking even better. Guess I'm getting the hang of this Java stuff after all. Still I keep saying "object orientated" rather than "object oriented", which is not the done thing apparently, comes from being so English I guess ;-)

Will find out today whether I get to carry on playing with OS API or I'll have to play with Google's Calendar API, not sure which I'll prefer. I guess the Calendar will be fun and will build upon the stuff I learnt whilst playing with the Contacts API. Though I'm wondering if it'll accept JSON rather than vanilla XML?

And then, in the meantime, I'm looking at Subversion and GIT and deciding which'll be the most fun to work with... looks like Subversion so far but research continues... suppose I should look at it for personal stuff as well as professional stuff as keeping 7zip archives of old projects gets old mighty quickly. Speaking of professional stuff the recent stuff about the BCS is interesting. I've been an associate member for ages as I wasn't working in the field but there's an entry in my Calendar to check about becoming a proper member 6 months after starting as a developer, don't know if it'll exist at that point though.

I've also been looking at the Office for National Statistics efforts to disseminate it's vast store of data in the form of Neighbourhood Statistics and it's Neighbourhood Summary, how cool is that site?

No comments:

Post a Comment